Things You Thought You Would NEVER Say...

Kale! If you eat another of your shirts I'm going to make you go without clothing.

Nov 1, 2008

Halloween







Halloween was a lot of work but it ended up being a whole lot of fun.
Amoo was a crane operator with hairy armpits and manly chest hairs.
I was the joker. With a little help from an instructional video on You Tube the make up turned out really well.
Phoenix was Anakin Skywalker. It was too warm to wear his Jedi robe but he was adorable.
Kale was superman. We sprayed his hair black and gave him blue tips. Before I added the blue he looked exactly like Phoenix. I will never understand how I got a blond child.
We went to the trunk-or-treat at Amoo's church. In spite of my disguise everyone saw me as an outsider and had to know who I was. Everyone was very nice and I even had a little battle with a six year old Batman. Kale and Phoenix had so much fun with all the little kids. I hate to admit it but I just may take them to more church functions so they can interact with other kids that speak English.
As I explained to, I think it was the primary president, I don't have any kind of animosity toward Mormon people. And it's a lot safer to take my kids around a single parking lot instead of to the drug dealer's house across the street and the gang bangers two doors down.
Amoo and I got to color the tablecloth with the boys, which I'm going to keep forever, and the kids had so much fun going around to everyone's cars.
They got so much candy that Kale's candy bucket broke under the pressure and we had to empty them out halfway through. I guess one of the church members works for a candy company and they were giving out giant hand fulls of candy. I am so not exaggerating. I would post a picture of the haul but Dakota spent the night and had half of it eaten by the time I got up this morning.
Anyway...
It was just too much fun and we all had a blast. I'm even looking foreword to it next year, even though I felt extremely uncomfortable around so many church going folk. I was terrified that they would immediately recognize me as a sinner and descend upon me with bibles and missionaries ready to save my wretched soul. Toward the end I even felt comfortable enough to help clean up the auditorium without mom.
Not that she would have shielded me from the 'choose the righters.' She still thinks me coming back to the church is possible, and while I love her for her optimism in my personality, it's just not going to happen.
I hope everyone had as much fun as we did.
Later

1 comment:

Tobi said...

I love your makeup and your outfit. It's perfect. I'm glad the kids made out like bandits at the trunk or treat!

P.S. I love when you said, "Choose the Righters". Hilarious and very apt description.