Things You Thought You Would NEVER Say...

Kale! If you eat another of your shirts I'm going to make you go without clothing.

Aug 26, 2011

And you think you've had a wierd day?

My day actually started yesterday.
My mom's dog Shimalfinne, (say it with me now SHIM-ALL-FINN-EE), has been loosing hair and we were afraid she had something really bad so I had to take her to the vet.
The thing you have to understand about Shimal is that when we got her she had wounds around her neck and ever since she's never, ever, NEVER been able to be on a collar or leash. So I had to corner her and lay on her to get the harness and leash on. The thing is, when you put that on her she goes into this defensive, almost catatonic state where she won't get up or move at all.
So I got to carry her up the stairs and to the car. Then from the car to the vet's office and from the waiting area to the scale. She weighs 69.7 pounds in case you were wondering. Turns out she has allergies. I didn't know dogs could get that. We're giving her the steroids and antibiotics the doctor prescribed and she's already scratching less.
Today I had to get the alignment on the car fixed so as soon as I dropped the kids off at school I went to Elroy's. Bobby, the owner, is Xandra's grandpa so I knew he would do it right without screwing us. He said I had to leave the car there until 3 pm so I decided to take the bus to downtown and go window shopping.
I had barely gone two blocks when people started asking me for cigarettes, food and money. I was polite when I told them no. The only money I had was for bus fare and to pay for the alignment. Then this one man asked me for a cigarette. I told him sorry, but I don't smoke. He didn't believe me so he started following me and talking me to death. He said he knew I had some smokes and it was rude of me not to share. After about the sixth time of telling him no he started yelling at me. He cursed and ranted and called me every foul word he knew. When he finally turned around to walk away from me he yelled, Why don't you go run home to your daddy you spoiled (B-word).
I wanted to yell at him that my father was dead, plus some choice insults and curses, but he was finally leaving and I didn't want to start him up again.
I got on a bus and rode it to the 16th street mall. I have to say that the beggars in downtown Denver are a lot nicer than the one's in Lakewood.
I wanted to go to Amoo's work and I had about 20 minutes until the bus came so I went to Starbucks and blew $6 on pumpkin bread and a caramel frappucino. I was having a crappy day and I felt I deserved a treat.
While eating I saw Albus Dumbledore walking down the sidewalk outside the coffee shop. I'm not kidding. There was a man wearing purple robes and a purple pointed wizard's hat. He had a long, white beard and had a knotted walking stick as tall as he was. He stopped at each little tree planted in the sidewalk and poured bread crumbs on the ground for the pigeons and other birds.
It was awesome. I needed the humor after the trying morning I'd had.
I rode the bus to Amoo's work and did some filing until 1:30 when Amoo's co-worker, Lyle took me back to Elroy's. He had to take the checks to the company bank anyway and it was pretty close.
I got the car from Bobby and went to pick up the boys from school. Traffic sucked donkey dong so it was a close thing. I had to go strait from there to pick up Amoo from work.
I'm home now AT LAST and I've had a shower and now I'm gonna be so lazy.
It's gonna rock!

Later-BD

1 comment:

Tobi said...

I'm glad that shimmel is going to be okay. Poor doggy. You have the weirdest things happen to you all the time. You should just expect strangeness at all times.